The Antioxidant Sunless Mist is great to use on your entire body or simply for a quick glow on your face and neck. It's a super convenient way to tan all over or one specific area. I love to use it at night over my serums, let the tan develop while I'm sleeping & wake up to a healthy glow.
Below are some tips to help make application easy & your tan as beautiful as possible.
- If you are tanning your body, be sure to exfoliate & apply a thin layer of moisturizer to knees & elbows before you tan.
- Always, spray yourself in a well-ventilated area. You will want to apply spray in the shower or outside in order to protect your home from any overspray that will occur. Shake can well before and during your application. Stand on a towel to protect bottoms of feet. Rinse any overspray down in the shower after tanning.
- It’s helpful to apply Vaseline to your toes, fingernails & heels before starting in order to protect your cuticles and any rough skin from developing color. You can wipe this off with a damp washcloth after you have tanned.
- If you are spraying your face you will want to cover your hair with a shower cap or towel.
- If spraying the entire body, we find it more effective to start with feet and work your way up each leg. This way you will not be bending over to reach your legs while your torso has not totally dried.
- Hold the can approximately 6-8 inches from your body and spray in short, quick strokes. You will see the cosmetic bronzer on your skin, which acts as a color guide and will help you keep track of where you have tanned.
- If you feel like you have applied too much product in one area or it begins to pool up don’t panic. Simply dab excess with a make-up sponge or Q-tip and continue or simply leave and it should soak in.
- When spraying backs of hands be sure to bend your fingers so you do not have white stripes in your knuckles. Also, when spraying feet, be sure to flex feet to avoid any unevenness around your ankles.
- When spraying face, close eyes & hold breath and spray in a circular motion and turn your head to the left and right in order to reach sides of face. Following this step put your chin to the ceiling & apply to your neck in the same manner.
- After application be sure to take a damp cloth & wipe palms, bottoms of feet & remove any Vaseline from fingernails, toenails & heels.
- Should you develop color on your palms simply make a mixture of baking soda and water and rub hands together, which will remove the color.
Your tan will develop in 6-8 hours and depending on your lifestyle lasts for 5-7 days. Your face may fade quicker due to washing but is easy to touch up by repeating steps 9 as needed.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
“Beauty is a Lifestyle™”
With a new year upon us many people will be thinking about resolutions. Exercise & getting fit is always at the top of the list!
We all know regular exercise is not only important for maintaining a healthy heart, lungs, strong muscles & resilient bones. But many people don’t realize another awesome benefit is the coveted gorgeous, glowing skin that is a direct result of getting your blood pumping.
I’ll say it again, Beauty Is a Lifestyle™ and all our daily actions add up like deposits into the beauty bank.
A cardio-based workout increases oxygenated blood flow, which helps nourish skin cells keeping them healthy & vital. Increased blood flow helps flush out cellular waste from your system.
The increased circulation & detoxification you get from a workout is an important component to keeping your skin looking youthful and vibrant.
Another important skin saving benefit of exercise is the reduction in, & maintenance of healthy levels of cortisol.
Cortisol is the stress hormone produced by our adrenal cortex and affects the metabolism of sugar, protein, and fats.
Elevated cortisol levels can cause collagen breakdown, which leads to increased wrinkles & sagging. In fact, exercise even helps boost your skins ability to produce collagen. This increase in production helps our skin stay supple, firm & elastic.
Another plus, adult acne can also be improved by exercise. The boost in circulation will increase blood flow & oxygen which draws out toxins... while sweating helps clean out congested pores. Just be sure to wash your face with a gentle cleanser or cleansing wipe after working out to prevent further breakouts.
No fancy classes or equipment are needed to reap the skin benefits of exercise. However, always, always wear a sports bra during your workout, even if you have a small bust.
Even just a fast paced walk can impact your décolleté and breasts, causing sagging many years down the road – and by then it will go down in the book of beauty regrets!
I recommend Moving Comfort sports bras. They are absolutely the best sports bras for all women & every kind of work out. Many styles adjust from both the straps & the back so the fit & support is excellent.
And remember if you are exercising outdoors sunblock is a must. Reapply often if you are perspiring heavily – even if it’s waterproof!
There are so many fun ways to work out but here’s a quick run/walk workout to get you started. Try it on your own or grab a friend and get your glow going either on the street or treadmill.
Get Glowing Workout #1
Warm up with a brisk 5-minute walk.
Start on a flat area, sidewalk or treadmill & speed up to a sprint or as close to a sprint as possible for 15-30 seconds. Jog or walk to recover for 60 seconds. Repeat this six times.
If you are a beginner build up to 8 then 10 intervals 2-4x per week over 6 weeks and if you already regularly exercising try for 12-14 intervals 2-4x per week over the next 4-5weeks!
When you have finished, gently wash your face & admire your gorgeous glow! It will only get better if you are consistent over time!
I love hearing from you beauties, so please comment & let me know how it goes.
It’s here….that time of the year when you not only have back to back parties & social engagements but all that so good, but so naughty food is literally everywhere.
I love to enjoy great food with family & friends. In fact, my father is a huge foodie. He loves to cook delicious, decadent food for everyone.
We’ve all had mornings where we wake up feeling puffy & bloated and just want to put on leggings because jeans are too tight, tight, tight! Not to mention the damage all that sugar & salt can do to our complexion.
At Hamptons Glow® we take anti-aging seriously, very seriously. For us, Beauty is a Lifestyle® affecting all areas of life, including nutrition. Or, as we like to call it, Beauty Nutrition.
We indulge in beauty foods that work to protect against aging and inflammation with natural antioxidants and nutrients that encourage cell rejuvenation. This feeds your body all the nutrients it needs for your healthiest skin before applying any topical products. So here’s a peek inside our pantry, five beauty-full foods we always stock up on.
We all know what aging skin looks like versus youthful skin and let’s get real, there’s no comparison. Aging skin is thin, non-elastic, wrinkled and has uneven tone. Youthful looking skin is bright, plump, highly elastic, firm, smooth and above all beautiful.
Collagen is what provides integrity, firmness and elasticity to our skin. The breakdown of collagen is one of the biggest factors in making your skin look old. Sadly, as we age our bodies begin to produce less and less collagen.
Peptides have been a game changer in the quest for regaining and maintaining youthful looking skin on both face and body.