If you’ve ever wondered why you feel so fabulous during the summer but not so much in the winter, it’s all in the tan. Having sunkissed skin has various mood boosting elements so when winter rolls around and your suntan begins to fade, your mood follows en suite. So, what’s a lady to do? Slipping away on a tropical vacation isn’t always in the budget and even if it is, the tan usually fades as soon as you’re back in the brisk cold. Fortunately, there is a better alternative that'll give you the hint of color you desire all year round with many added benefits. That's right, ladies. It’s all about the Winter Glow gradual tanner.
A kiss of color keeps you happy
While we’re not psychiatrists and can’t really explain why you feel so amazing with a tan, there’s no denying that it’s true. When you look in the mirror and see pale skin, it’s like the world’s biggest reminder that the winter season - and blues - are still here.
With our gradual tanner, you can maintain sunkissed skin all year round. The best part? The results are exceptionally natural looking, so you look – and feel – like you’ve just returned from a quick winter getaway where you've been gently kissed by the sun. It's amazing what a sunless tan does for your mood.
Even out skin tone for a flawless complexion
If you’ve ever wondered why your skin looks so fabulous during the summer months, it’s the tan. Sunkissed skin evens out your complexion, giving you flawless, smooth skin which instantly resonates with your mood.
So, when winter comes around and you find yourself over-analyzing your skin in the mirror, try some gradual sunless self tanner instead. You’ll even out your skin tone with a stunning splash of color while also giving you all the confidence you need to survive the winter. Oh, and did we forget to mention that it’s skin firming?
Tone, tighten and firm your skin just in time for spring
You better believe it, ladies. The Winter Glow gradual tanner has all the anti-aging properties you need to keep your skin radiant all year long. It’s all thanks to the therapeutic, anti aging active ingredients we use across our entire sunless collection, with peptides being one of the best. It naturally rejuvenates and firms your skin, as well as gives you important antioxidants and vitamins you need to combat the winter blues.
Battle the scaly legs with moisturizing bronzer
We don’t know about you but the seriously intense dry skin that comes with the winter season is a serious downer on our mood. There’s nothing worse than spring finally arriving and not being able to wear your new cute sun dress because your skin looks like it belongs in the lake. Scaly, rough & unhealthy looking.
Fortunately, Winter Glow gradual tanner is also a powerful body moisturizer. It’s infused with skin plumping hyaluronic acid and coconut oil for optimal moisture. Your skin will remain lightly tinted with a sunkissed glow and it'll feel just as amazing as it looks. Come spring time, you’ll be ready to shed the layers and slip into your best spring fashions.
So, forget the idea that a tan is only for summer and enjoy a healthy, beautiful year round sunkissed glow with the Winter Glow gradual tanner. Not only is it a luxury self tanning cream but it’s also a powerful beauty product that’s infused with all the ingredients you need to keep your skin beautiful even during the harshest of months. A sunless tan is only one of the many benefits!
So, protect, treat and sunkiss your skin the healthy way!
Self tanner has gotten somewhat of a bad rap during the past couple of years. Donald Trump’s orange glow and the streaky skin seen on MTV's Teen Moms certainly hasn’t helped. But like most things in life, it’s all about the quality. You’ll never get the flawless self tanning glow if you’re slathering on some random bronzing cream that's packed with parabens. That’s a given but what might surprise you is that your skin care regime places a vital role in your finished sunkissed look. Find out why you've been getting bad self tanning results and how sunless tanners infused with beauty care will make a huge difference for your year-round tan.
Your sunless tanner isn't infused with anti-aging ingredients
Poor quality skin is at higher risk of a streaky tan because of its texture. Fine lines, wrinkles, and large pores make your skin’s surface irregular which makes it difficult to cover the areas evenly with self tanner. You know how your knees and elbows always require a little extra TLC when applying self tanning spray? Well, it’s similar to that – only for your face. So, if you aren't using sunless tanner that improves your complexion, that could very well be why you're seeing streaks.
We decided to make a sunless tanner that gives you that glow along with the great skin care that'll make it look flawless.
In fact, all of our self tanning sprays and self tanning creams contain multiple antiaging active ingredients because we know how vital it is to your final look. We understand the importance of quality skin for a sunless tan, so it simply wouldn’t make sense to make basic self tanner that isn't up to our standards.
Your sunless tanner doesn't moisturize your skin
Similar to the complexion of your skin, your skin's hydration is vital to the final glow you receive from self tanners. Think of it like this – your skin can either be a prune or a plum. Apply lotion to both of these fruits and one of them is bound to have some serious streaks. You betcha! It’s the prune.
When your skin is dry, it shrivels up and dead cells begin to make your pores their new home; a streak free self tan is almost impossible under these circumstances.
So, we have infused our self tanners with the active ingredients that make a difference. Hyaluronic acid is key to optimal skin hydration, which is why our Winter Glow Body Moisturizer Bronzer is one of the most popular gradual tanners. But don’t worry. All of our self tanners have added ingredients for optimal skin hydration. So, you're free to shop and sunless tan with any of our products.
Your sunless tanner doesn't tighten or tone
When it comes to cellulite, your skin is like an orange peel under a microscope. There’s plenty of indentations that can be difficult to cover evenly with sunless tanner. As such, you’ve likely become obsessed with spray tans since they're great for optimal coverage. Unfortunately, this can get pretty expensive.
Our sunless tanner tightens, tones and firms the skin. It’s infused with multiple peptides for collagen rejuvenation and skin firming, along with antioxidants & many other ingredients that plump up your skin, and protect it from further harm. So, as you get that glow you desire, you’re also treating the area instead of simply covering it up.
To say Hampton’s Glow self tanners are just sunless tanners would be a huge understatement. They’re tanners that prevent, treat and tan your skin to give you the sunkissed bronze look and confidence you desire. It’s not about covering your skin but rather, it’s about taking care of your skin – and that’s how you get a flawless, streak free sunless tan.
Beauty Sleep, A Beauty Basic!
It’s no coincidence Holly Golightly, Audrey Hepburn’s character in Breakfast at Tiffany’s was so gorgeous. She understood the importance of a good nights rest for glowing, healthy skin & a clear complexion.
Sleep is a beauty basic and getting enough can be a challenge with work, social schedules, family obligations and all kinds of fun & interesting things online…like Instagram!
Inadequate, poor quality sleep is directly tied to increased levels of the stress hormone cortisol. High cortisol levels lead to inflammation throughout your body, which in turn causes your skin to suffer. Lack of seep has been shown to cause, premature aging, acne, increased skin sensitivity, & even psoriasis.
When cellular inflammation is increased in your body, this leads to an increase in the breakdown of collagen and hyaluronic acid, both of which gives skin its glow, elasticity, and firmness.
During deep sleep, your body's hydration re-balances and your skin is able to recover crucial moisture. At the same time, excess water retained in the body (hello, bloat!) is processed for removal. By not getting enough sleep, your body’s water balance will be ‘off” resulting in water retention, under eye bags & circles, increased dryness and more visible wrinkles.
During deep sleep, the rise in growth hormones allow damaged cells to become repaired. When we don’t allow our bodies to enter the deeper phases of sleep, this will not occur. This allows small daily breakdowns to compound instead of being reversed overnight. Resulting in even more noticeable signs of aging.
Finally, high cortisol levels are also related to increased appetite. Getting a good nights rest helps control cortisol levels, and you will have an easier time controlling your appetite during the day and staying on track with a clean diet.
Sleep has so many beauty benefits and you will see an improvement even after just one night! So try to be disciplined about your sleep….aim for 7-9 hours a night.
Here are some tips for getting a good nights rest:
Turn off phones and electronic devices or put them in another room. If you use your phone as an alarm clock it’s best to just go buy an old fashioned clock. Once you don’t have the temptation & interruption of your phone nearby, you will notice an immediate difference in the quality of your sleep.
Try not to eat a large meal right before bed. Give your body at least a couple of hours to digest. If you need a snack right before sleep, make a protein shake w flax oil, have an apple & peanut butter or a piece of toast with avocado.
Keep your room cool & dark…. Better yet try a sleeping mask. They are great for blocking light and also help quiet your mind. Plus, it will be difficult to lay in bed with your eyes open thinking about your to do list, your weekend plans, work, etc.
Take a warm bath right before bed. As your body cools down you will become drowsy.
Take a magnesium supplement – up to 400mg before bed. This mineral has been shown in studies to help relax you. I have been taking magnesium for years and recommend giving it a try if you have difficulty falling asleep.
Stay hydrated throughout the day but try to only have a few sips before bed to avoid multiple bathroom breaks in the middle of the night. But be sure to have a large glass of water upon waking to re hydrate as we do become dehydrated overnight.
Finally, exercise… even just 30 mins a day of exercise will help the quality of your sleep. Studies have shown that moderate exercise throughout the day helps reduce the amount of time it takes to fall asleep and lengthens the time you are able to stay asleep.
So, I challenge you to make sleep a priority for just one week and see how even more gorgeous your skin will appear. I think you will like what you see and hopefully make this a part of your beauty routine because Beauty Is a Lifestyle®.
There is nothing sexier than a woman's back.... Wearing this season's beautiful backless dresses shouldn't be cause for concern if you haven't given a thought about this most beautiful area of your body until now. Here are some tips for making a gorgeous exit.
If you find yourself with a last minute party invite and want your back to look sleeker & sexier the quickest way is with self-tanner.
Whether you choose to go light or dark, a tan always helps create a slimmer look, define & highlight curves & perfect skin tone.
If you don’t have a second person to tan your back or a proper sunless tanning applicator for the back there are a couple of different options that you can choose!
For tanning my back I prefer our Antioxidant Sunless Mist because it covers a large area of the body with a fine mist making streaks almost impossible.
Before applying the product it is ideal to exfoliate your back with a back brush or a washcloth. A light exfoliation is all that is needed - 3 parts water to one part baking soda makes an excellent choice to properly set the skin's PH to optimize the result of your sunless tan. You will be amazed at how baby soft your skin feels after.
Or you can use whatever product you prefer. Just try to stick to something oil free as this can inhibit the development of color.
If you do not have a back brush you can use a hand towel to apply your desired exfoliating product. Standing in the shower and with damp skin, apply the product directly to a rolled up hand towel.
Hold one end of the towel with each hand and just as you are drying your back with a back & forth motion you can do this to apply and exfoliate your own back. (*Do not apply straight baking soda to skin- Always dilute w 3 parts water first.)
Once you have rinsed and dried your skin well – (very important to have absolutely dry skin before application or color may become diluted). Wrap your hair in a towel or shower cap.
Stand on a towel in the shower to catch any over spray....
Shake spray can well before & throughout the process. Bend forward at your waist, placing your chin to your chest but keeping your back straight. Reach behind and spray your back in sweeping left to right strokes. You will feel the fine mist coating your skin.
This should cover the upper 2/3 or your back. Next stand up straight and reach behind to tan your right side (holding spray in your right hand) and repeat on left side (holding spray in your left hand). Repeat these steps 2-3 times.
You may not feel like you are doing a perfect job in application but do not fear... the fine mist covers a much greater area than where your hands or arms extend or if you were just using a cream based self tanner. Be sure to blend spray down lower back - which is the most beautiful & feminine area.
You will want to check your work in the bathroom mirror and repeat steps or fill in any areas that may be lighter. The sunless mist contains a cosmetic bronzer so you will see color instantly which will help guide you on the final color result. The tan will develop in 6-8 hours and will be 1-2 shades darker than what you see initially after application.
Optional bombshell move: Using our Mineral Highlighter in High Beam or Ice after you have gotten dressed is a gorgeous way to add a bit more impact to your beautiful work.
You will need a friend or someone to help with application. Once you are dressed. Take a small brush and apply highlighter down the middle of your back (along your spine) Brush lightly across the lower back if it is showing almost like an inverted T.
If shoulders are showing bush a small amount along back and top of shoulders. The key here is restraint... You don't want to appear as if you are covered in glitter. You are simply highlighting the most beautiful areas of your back. The light will catch the highlighter and the effect is gorgeous!
A bit more time before the event:
Sculpted Back At Home Workout:
Even if you haven't focused on your back during your regular workouts there are some effective a quick exercises that will help sculpt a pretty back and posterior. Do this quick & easy at home circuit 2-3x per week:
Perform 4 rounds of each exercise
- To begin, lie straight and face down on the floor or exercise mat. Your arms should be fully extended in front of you. This is the starting position.
- Simultaneously raise your arms, legs, and chest off of the floor and hold this contraction for 2 seconds. Tip: Squeeze your lower back & glutes to get the best results from this exercise. Remember to exhale during this movement. Note: When holding the contracted position, you should look like superman when he is flying.
- Slowly begin to lower your arms, legs and chest back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat 15x
Bent Over Row with Weight:
You can use dumbells if you have them of even 1.5 liter bottles of water, cans of soup, etc.... It is important to add some resistance to this exercise.
- With a dumbbell, gallon of water, can of soup in each hand (palms facing your torso), bend your knees slightly and bring your torso forward by bending at the waist; as you bend make sure to keep your back straight until it is almost parallel to the floor. Tip: Make sure that you keep the head up. The weights should hang directly in front of you as your arms hang perpendicular to the floor and your torso. This is your starting position.
- While keeping the torso stationary, lift the dumbbells to your side (as you breathe out), keeping the elbows close to the body (do not exert any force with the forearm other than holding the weights). On the top contracted position, squeeze the back muscles and hold for a second.
- Slowly lower the weight again to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat 15x
One Arm Row:
- Choose a flat surface such as a bench or stable chair and place a dumbbell on each side of it.
- Place the right leg on top of the end of the bench, bend your torso forward from the waist until your upper body is parallel to the floor, and place your right hand on the other end of the bench for support.
- Use the left hand to pick up the dumbbell on the floor and hold the weight while keeping your lower back straight. The palm of the hand should be facing your torso. This will be your starting position.
- Pull the resistance straight up to the side of your chest, keeping your upper arm close to your side and keeping the torso stationary. Breathe out as you perform this step. Tip: Concentrate on squeezing the back muscles once you reach the full contracted position. Also, make sure that the force is performed with the back muscles and not the arms. Finally, the upper torso should remain stationary and only the arms should move. The forearms should do no other work except for holding the dumbbell; therefore do not try to pull the dumbbell up using the forearms.
- Lower the resistance straight down to the starting position. Breathe in as you perform this step.
- Repeat the movement 15x
- Switch sides and repeat again with the other arm.
1. Stand in front of a stable chair without wheels.
2. Bend knees and lower your booty down toward the seat, letting it touch briefly on the edge of the chair, then stand back up.
3. To target the glutes it is important to keep the weight back in your heels as you squat down. Bonus points if you hold a dumbbell or any other kind of weight at your chest w both hands.
4. Repeat 15X
Move quickly through the exercises to keep heart elevated and be sure to use a challenging weight.
You can easily create a leaner look by cutting back on salt, sugar & simple carbs a week before your event. Focus on adequate water intake. Aim for at least 2 Liters a day. Use a fresh squeeze of lemon to make it more enjoyable and unsweetened iced green tea is a great substitute. Try to incorporate fresh asparagus & arugula to reduce bloating.
Take an Epsom salt bath for at least 20 minutes before tanning to reduce water weight and decrease bloating.
Now go out and turn heads in a beautiful backless dress!
Beauty Is A Lifestyle™
The Antioxidant Sunless Mist is great to use on your entire body or simply for a quick glow on your face and neck. It's a super convenient way to tan all over or one specific area. I love to use it at night over my serums, let the tan develop while I'm sleeping & wake up to a healthy glow.
Below are some tips to help make application easy & your tan as beautiful as possible.
- If you are tanning your body, be sure to exfoliate & apply a thin layer of moisturizer to knees & elbows before you tan.
- Always, spray yourself in a well-ventilated area. You will want to apply spray in the shower or outside in order to protect your home from any overspray that will occur. Shake can well before and during your application. Stand on a towel to protect bottoms of feet. Rinse any overspray down in the shower after tanning.
- It’s helpful to apply Vaseline to your toes, fingernails & heels before starting in order to protect your cuticles and any rough skin from developing color. You can wipe this off with a damp washcloth after you have tanned.
- If you are spraying your face you will want to cover your hair with a shower cap or towel.
- If spraying the entire body, we find it more effective to start with feet and work your way up each leg. This way you will not be bending over to reach your legs while your torso has not totally dried.
- Hold the can approximately 6-8 inches from your body and spray in short, quick strokes. You will see the cosmetic bronzer on your skin, which acts as a color guide and will help you keep track of where you have tanned.
- If you feel like you have applied too much product in one area or it begins to pool up don’t panic. Simply dab excess with a make-up sponge or Q-tip and continue or simply leave and it should soak in.
- When spraying backs of hands be sure to bend your fingers so you do not have white stripes in your knuckles. Also, when spraying feet, be sure to flex feet to avoid any unevenness around your ankles.
- When spraying face, close eyes & hold breath and spray in a circular motion and turn your head to the left and right in order to reach sides of face. Following this step put your chin to the ceiling & apply to your neck in the same manner.
- After application be sure to take a damp cloth & wipe palms, bottoms of feet & remove any Vaseline from fingernails, toenails & heels.
- Should you develop color on your palms simply make a mixture of baking soda and water and rub hands together, which will remove the color.
Your tan will develop in 6-8 hours and depending on your lifestyle lasts for 5-7 days. Your face may fade quicker due to washing but is easy to touch up by repeating steps 9 as needed.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
“Beauty is a Lifestyle™”