If you’ve ever wondered why you feel so fabulous during the summer but not so much in the winter, it’s all in the tan. Having sunkissed skin has various mood boosting elements so when winter rolls around and your suntan begins to fade, your mood follows en suite. So, what’s a lady to do? Slipping away on a tropical vacation isn’t always in the budget and even if it is, the tan usually fades as soon as you’re back in the brisk cold. Fortunately, there is a better alternative that'll give you the hint of color you desire all year round with many added benefits. That's right, ladies. It’s all about the Winter Glow gradual tanner.
A kiss of color keeps you happy
While we’re not psychiatrists and can’t really explain why you feel so amazing with a tan, there’s no denying that it’s true. When you look in the mirror and see pale skin, it’s like the world’s biggest reminder that the winter season - and blues - are still here.
With our gradual tanner, you can maintain sunkissed skin all year round. The best part? The results are exceptionally natural looking, so you look – and feel – like you’ve just returned from a quick winter getaway where you've been gently kissed by the sun. It's amazing what a sunless tan does for your mood.
Even out skin tone for a flawless complexion
If you’ve ever wondered why your skin looks so fabulous during the summer months, it’s the tan. Sunkissed skin evens out your complexion, giving you flawless, smooth skin which instantly resonates with your mood.
So, when winter comes around and you find yourself over-analyzing your skin in the mirror, try some gradual sunless self tanner instead. You’ll even out your skin tone with a stunning splash of color while also giving you all the confidence you need to survive the winter. Oh, and did we forget to mention that it’s skin firming?
Tone, tighten and firm your skin just in time for spring
You better believe it, ladies. The Winter Glow gradual tanner has all the anti-aging properties you need to keep your skin radiant all year long. It’s all thanks to the therapeutic, anti aging active ingredients we use across our entire sunless collection, with peptides being one of the best. It naturally rejuvenates and firms your skin, as well as gives you important antioxidants and vitamins you need to combat the winter blues.
Battle the scaly legs with moisturizing bronzer
We don’t know about you but the seriously intense dry skin that comes with the winter season is a serious downer on our mood. There’s nothing worse than spring finally arriving and not being able to wear your new cute sun dress because your skin looks like it belongs in the lake. Scaly, rough & unhealthy looking.
Fortunately, Winter Glow gradual tanner is also a powerful body moisturizer. It’s infused with skin plumping hyaluronic acid and coconut oil for optimal moisture. Your skin will remain lightly tinted with a sunkissed glow and it'll feel just as amazing as it looks. Come spring time, you’ll be ready to shed the layers and slip into your best spring fashions.
So, forget the idea that a tan is only for summer and enjoy a healthy, beautiful year round sunkissed glow with the Winter Glow gradual tanner. Not only is it a luxury self tanning cream but it’s also a powerful beauty product that’s infused with all the ingredients you need to keep your skin beautiful even during the harshest of months. A sunless tan is only one of the many benefits!
So, protect, treat and sunkiss your skin the healthy way!
Beauty Sleep, A Beauty Basic!
It’s no coincidence Holly Golightly, Audrey Hepburn’s character in Breakfast at Tiffany’s was so gorgeous. She understood the importance of a good nights rest for glowing, healthy skin & a clear complexion.
Sleep is a beauty basic and getting enough can be a challenge with work, social schedules, family obligations and all kinds of fun & interesting things online…like Instagram!
Inadequate, poor quality sleep is directly tied to increased levels of the stress hormone cortisol. High cortisol levels lead to inflammation throughout your body, which in turn causes your skin to suffer. Lack of seep has been shown to cause, premature aging, acne, increased skin sensitivity, & even psoriasis.
When cellular inflammation is increased in your body, this leads to an increase in the breakdown of collagen and hyaluronic acid, both of which gives skin its glow, elasticity, and firmness.
During deep sleep, your body's hydration re-balances and your skin is able to recover crucial moisture. At the same time, excess water retained in the body (hello, bloat!) is processed for removal. By not getting enough sleep, your body’s water balance will be ‘off” resulting in water retention, under eye bags & circles, increased dryness and more visible wrinkles.
During deep sleep, the rise in growth hormones allow damaged cells to become repaired. When we don’t allow our bodies to enter the deeper phases of sleep, this will not occur. This allows small daily breakdowns to compound instead of being reversed overnight. Resulting in even more noticeable signs of aging.
Finally, high cortisol levels are also related to increased appetite. Getting a good nights rest helps control cortisol levels, and you will have an easier time controlling your appetite during the day and staying on track with a clean diet.
Sleep has so many beauty benefits and you will see an improvement even after just one night! So try to be disciplined about your sleep….aim for 7-9 hours a night.
Here are some tips for getting a good nights rest:
Turn off phones and electronic devices or put them in another room. If you use your phone as an alarm clock it’s best to just go buy an old fashioned clock. Once you don’t have the temptation & interruption of your phone nearby, you will notice an immediate difference in the quality of your sleep.
Try not to eat a large meal right before bed. Give your body at least a couple of hours to digest. If you need a snack right before sleep, make a protein shake w flax oil, have an apple & peanut butter or a piece of toast with avocado.
Keep your room cool & dark…. Better yet try a sleeping mask. They are great for blocking light and also help quiet your mind. Plus, it will be difficult to lay in bed with your eyes open thinking about your to do list, your weekend plans, work, etc.
Take a warm bath right before bed. As your body cools down you will become drowsy.
Take a magnesium supplement – up to 400mg before bed. This mineral has been shown in studies to help relax you. I have been taking magnesium for years and recommend giving it a try if you have difficulty falling asleep.
Stay hydrated throughout the day but try to only have a few sips before bed to avoid multiple bathroom breaks in the middle of the night. But be sure to have a large glass of water upon waking to re hydrate as we do become dehydrated overnight.
Finally, exercise… even just 30 mins a day of exercise will help the quality of your sleep. Studies have shown that moderate exercise throughout the day helps reduce the amount of time it takes to fall asleep and lengthens the time you are able to stay asleep.
So, I challenge you to make sleep a priority for just one week and see how even more gorgeous your skin will appear. I think you will like what you see and hopefully make this a part of your beauty routine because Beauty Is a Lifestyle®.
The Antioxidant Sunless Mist is great to use on your entire body or simply for a quick glow on your face and neck. It's a super convenient way to tan all over or one specific area. I love to use it at night over my serums, let the tan develop while I'm sleeping & wake up to a healthy glow.
Below are some tips to help make application easy & your tan as beautiful as possible.
- If you are tanning your body, be sure to exfoliate & apply a thin layer of moisturizer to knees & elbows before you tan.
- Always, spray yourself in a well-ventilated area. You will want to apply spray in the shower or outside in order to protect your home from any overspray that will occur. Shake can well before and during your application. Stand on a towel to protect bottoms of feet. Rinse any overspray down in the shower after tanning.
- It’s helpful to apply Vaseline to your toes, fingernails & heels before starting in order to protect your cuticles and any rough skin from developing color. You can wipe this off with a damp washcloth after you have tanned.
- If you are spraying your face you will want to cover your hair with a shower cap or towel.
- If spraying the entire body, we find it more effective to start with feet and work your way up each leg. This way you will not be bending over to reach your legs while your torso has not totally dried.
- Hold the can approximately 6-8 inches from your body and spray in short, quick strokes. You will see the cosmetic bronzer on your skin, which acts as a color guide and will help you keep track of where you have tanned.
- If you feel like you have applied too much product in one area or it begins to pool up don’t panic. Simply dab excess with a make-up sponge or Q-tip and continue or simply leave and it should soak in.
- When spraying backs of hands be sure to bend your fingers so you do not have white stripes in your knuckles. Also, when spraying feet, be sure to flex feet to avoid any unevenness around your ankles.
- When spraying face, close eyes & hold breath and spray in a circular motion and turn your head to the left and right in order to reach sides of face. Following this step put your chin to the ceiling & apply to your neck in the same manner.
- After application be sure to take a damp cloth & wipe palms, bottoms of feet & remove any Vaseline from fingernails, toenails & heels.
- Should you develop color on your palms simply make a mixture of baking soda and water and rub hands together, which will remove the color.
Your tan will develop in 6-8 hours and depending on your lifestyle lasts for 5-7 days. Your face may fade quicker due to washing but is easy to touch up by repeating steps 9 as needed.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
“Beauty is a Lifestyle™”