There is nothing sexier than a woman's back.... Wearing this season's beautiful backless dresses shouldn't be cause for concern if you haven't given a thought about this most beautiful area of your body until now. Here are some tips for making a gorgeous exit.
If you find yourself with a last minute party invite and want your back to look sleeker & sexier the quickest way is with self-tanner.
Whether you choose to go light or dark, a tan always helps create a slimmer look, define & highlight curves & perfect skin tone.
If you don’t have a second person to tan your back or a proper sunless tanning applicator for the back there are a couple of different options that you can choose!
For tanning my back I prefer our Antioxidant Sunless Mist because it covers a large area of the body with a fine mist making streaks almost impossible.
Before applying the product it is ideal to exfoliate your back with a back brush or a washcloth. A light exfoliation is all that is needed - 3 parts water to one part baking soda makes an excellent choice to properly set the skin's PH to optimize the result of your sunless tan. You will be amazed at how baby soft your skin feels after.
Or you can use whatever product you prefer. Just try to stick to something oil free as this can inhibit the development of color.
If you do not have a back brush you can use a hand towel to apply your desired exfoliating product. Standing in the shower and with damp skin, apply the product directly to a rolled up hand towel.
Hold one end of the towel with each hand and just as you are drying your back with a back & forth motion you can do this to apply and exfoliate your own back. (*Do not apply straight baking soda to skin- Always dilute w 3 parts water first.)
Once you have rinsed and dried your skin well – (very important to have absolutely dry skin before application or color may become diluted). Wrap your hair in a towel or shower cap.
Stand on a towel in the shower to catch any over spray....
Shake spray can well before & throughout the process. Bend forward at your waist, placing your chin to your chest but keeping your back straight. Reach behind and spray your back in sweeping left to right strokes. You will feel the fine mist coating your skin.
This should cover the upper 2/3 or your back. Next stand up straight and reach behind to tan your right side (holding spray in your right hand) and repeat on left side (holding spray in your left hand). Repeat these steps 2-3 times.
You may not feel like you are doing a perfect job in application but do not fear... the fine mist covers a much greater area than where your hands or arms extend or if you were just using a cream based self tanner. Be sure to blend spray down lower back - which is the most beautiful & feminine area.
You will want to check your work in the bathroom mirror and repeat steps or fill in any areas that may be lighter. The sunless mist contains a cosmetic bronzer so you will see color instantly which will help guide you on the final color result. The tan will develop in 6-8 hours and will be 1-2 shades darker than what you see initially after application.
Optional bombshell move: Using our Mineral Highlighter in High Beam or Ice after you have gotten dressed is a gorgeous way to add a bit more impact to your beautiful work.
You will need a friend or someone to help with application. Once you are dressed. Take a small brush and apply highlighter down the middle of your back (along your spine) Brush lightly across the lower back if it is showing almost like an inverted T.
If shoulders are showing bush a small amount along back and top of shoulders. The key here is restraint... You don't want to appear as if you are covered in glitter. You are simply highlighting the most beautiful areas of your back. The light will catch the highlighter and the effect is gorgeous!
A bit more time before the event:
Sculpted Back At Home Workout:
Even if you haven't focused on your back during your regular workouts there are some effective a quick exercises that will help sculpt a pretty back and posterior. Do this quick & easy at home circuit 2-3x per week:
Perform 4 rounds of each exercise
- To begin, lie straight and face down on the floor or exercise mat. Your arms should be fully extended in front of you. This is the starting position.
- Simultaneously raise your arms, legs, and chest off of the floor and hold this contraction for 2 seconds. Tip: Squeeze your lower back & glutes to get the best results from this exercise. Remember to exhale during this movement. Note: When holding the contracted position, you should look like superman when he is flying.
- Slowly begin to lower your arms, legs and chest back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat 15x
Bent Over Row with Weight:
You can use dumbells if you have them of even 1.5 liter bottles of water, cans of soup, etc.... It is important to add some resistance to this exercise.
- With a dumbbell, gallon of water, can of soup in each hand (palms facing your torso), bend your knees slightly and bring your torso forward by bending at the waist; as you bend make sure to keep your back straight until it is almost parallel to the floor. Tip: Make sure that you keep the head up. The weights should hang directly in front of you as your arms hang perpendicular to the floor and your torso. This is your starting position.
- While keeping the torso stationary, lift the dumbbells to your side (as you breathe out), keeping the elbows close to the body (do not exert any force with the forearm other than holding the weights). On the top contracted position, squeeze the back muscles and hold for a second.
- Slowly lower the weight again to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat 15x
One Arm Row:
- Choose a flat surface such as a bench or stable chair and place a dumbbell on each side of it.
- Place the right leg on top of the end of the bench, bend your torso forward from the waist until your upper body is parallel to the floor, and place your right hand on the other end of the bench for support.
- Use the left hand to pick up the dumbbell on the floor and hold the weight while keeping your lower back straight. The palm of the hand should be facing your torso. This will be your starting position.
- Pull the resistance straight up to the side of your chest, keeping your upper arm close to your side and keeping the torso stationary. Breathe out as you perform this step. Tip: Concentrate on squeezing the back muscles once you reach the full contracted position. Also, make sure that the force is performed with the back muscles and not the arms. Finally, the upper torso should remain stationary and only the arms should move. The forearms should do no other work except for holding the dumbbell; therefore do not try to pull the dumbbell up using the forearms.
- Lower the resistance straight down to the starting position. Breathe in as you perform this step.
- Repeat the movement 15x
- Switch sides and repeat again with the other arm.
1. Stand in front of a stable chair without wheels.
2. Bend knees and lower your booty down toward the seat, letting it touch briefly on the edge of the chair, then stand back up.
3. To target the glutes it is important to keep the weight back in your heels as you squat down. Bonus points if you hold a dumbbell or any other kind of weight at your chest w both hands.
4. Repeat 15X
Move quickly through the exercises to keep heart elevated and be sure to use a challenging weight.
You can easily create a leaner look by cutting back on salt, sugar & simple carbs a week before your event. Focus on adequate water intake. Aim for at least 2 Liters a day. Use a fresh squeeze of lemon to make it more enjoyable and unsweetened iced green tea is a great substitute. Try to incorporate fresh asparagus & arugula to reduce bloating.
Take an Epsom salt bath for at least 20 minutes before tanning to reduce water weight and decrease bloating.
Now go out and turn heads in a beautiful backless dress!
Beauty Is A Lifestyle™